Asking yourself the right questions can be a powerful way to help you rediscover the real YOU.
Self-questioning helps you reconnect with who you really are, identify any beliefs that are holding you back and get clear on what you truly want for yourself and your life.
Whenever I’m ready to change or redesign my life, I ask myself a lot of questions to help me connect to my truest self. Before any of us can create change in our lives, we must first know who we are on the inside.
As you become more connected with your truest self, you’ll gain the clarity you crave for your next steps.
Without going through this process of self-assessment, you’re bound to remain confused about who you truly are, what you really want and how to make it happen.
To make this process easier for you, I’m sharing some of the coaching questions I use with myself and my clients who are redesigning their own lives.
Using Questions To Re-Discover the Real You
Here are some suggestions on how to use self-coaching questions to get the most positive results for yourself.
Set time aside to explore one question a day, one a week or complete them all in an intensive writing session. Choose whatever works best for you.
Find a quiet, cozy space to write where you feel relaxed and calm. Ask for Divine guidance to give you the clarity, wisdom or direction you seek and open your mind to receive.
Read each question out loud, close your eyes and allow the answers to come to you. Quickly write down any thoughts that come to your mind without editing. After each answer you receive, ask yourself if there is anything else. Keep asking and writing until you feel “done.”.
Some of your answers may feel uncomfortable or misaligned with what you thought you wanted or who you thought you were. That’s okay. We all have preconceived ideas or beliefs about what we think is true for ourselves and our lives. Try not to let those beliefs and fears to get in the way of being authentic and honest in how you respond. Being real with yourself is the only way to create positive change and move forward to design a better life.
If you get stuck on a question and don’t have an answer, just skip it for now. Sometimes the answer will come to you when you at a later time.
Begin with the positive expectation that you’ll receive everything you need from these questions and this process.
30 Questions To Ask To (Re)Discover The Real YOU
These questions are the first step to get you started in rediscovering your truest self. Take your time and answer each one thoughtfully.
- What are some of your favorite things about yourself?
- What do you value most about yourself?
- What are the most important things to you in life?
- What are your top 5 deeply held core values?
- Does your life support and reflect those values or ignore them?
- What is your ideal self? What does it mean to be your highest self?
- What makes you uniquely you?
- What energizes you and makes you feel alive?
- What 5 things can put a smile on your face no matter what?
- What do you want to contribute to the world?
- What are you most passionate about?
- What would you love to be possible for your life, but often doubt?
- Who are the most important people in the world to you?
- What is your greatest hope for yourself?
- When, where or with whom do you feel most yourself?
- What do you wish you could let go of in your life?
- What stops you from being yourself?
- What are your biggest fears and limiting beliefs about yourself?
- How have those fears and beliefs held you back from creating the life you want?
- What excites you most about your life right now?
- What feels too hard or drains you in your life right now?
- What parts of your life don’t reflect the authentic you?
- What would it take to put yourself in the center of your life?
- What are you most proud of in your life?
- What would it take for you to thrive and feel fulfilled?
- How committed are you to yourself?
- Do you believe in God, a Higher Power or a Greater Force? Do you consider yourself to be a spiritual person and why?
- Are your actions guided more by fear or faith?
- Do you feel like you know your purpose in life? If so, what is it? If not, is there anything holding you back from discovering it?
- What would be your ideal day? Describe it in detail from morning until bedtime.
When You (Re)Discover The Real YOU
These questions have the power to heal, transform and empower your life.
If you’re brave enough to ask yourself some of these questions and be willing to receive the answers, you’ll gain the clarity and wisdom that you crave. Knowing your truest self enables you to focus on what’s important and what you really want.
Although asking deep questions can often be a difficult process, it can also be the catalyst that brings about positive change. It’s the beginning of your journey to thriving and designing a better life for yourself and your family.
Be gentle with yourself in the process. Think “progress over perfection.” You may want to keep a journal to remember all your good qualities and the positive ways you’ve already changed.
Celebrate every action you take and try not to take it all too seriously. You can enjoy the journey on the way to where you’re going.
If you’re feeling up to it, I’d love to hear from YOU.
I’d love to hear which of these self-discovery questions resonated most with you, and how you feel they might impact your life. Please share your experiences in the comments below.
Also, if you haven’t done so already, be sure to sign-up for our free newsletter to receive new articles like this in your inbox each week.
Remember, you were made to thrive,
Sign Up for my Email List and Receive your FREE GUIDE: 7 Simple Steps To Reconnect To YOU.
Are You Ready To Live Your Truth?
- Identify what “Thriving” means to you.
- Discover what you really want.
- Remember your gifts, talents and strengths.
- Clear your path.
- Make You a priority.
- Create a plan to move forward.